Wonderful Reunion: GINA ROSAL

RE-ENCOUNTER
As I have said, I will continue my humbling experience in Germany. I took the train to Bad Sackingen to visit Auntie Anna. I was there last December 30, 2017 to January 6, 2018, during our break from the Sabbatical. It was my first time to travel by myself in a non English/Italian speaking country, by train. The journey was good, and I was just sitting at the corner. I did not understand anything at all. I was just watching the place, so green and fresh all over. I supposed that Germany is really taking good care of nature. We were on a smooth journey, when suddenly, the station before Bad Sackingen, the train stopped, and we were all wondering. The driver announced something, but I just interpreted it as something malfunctioning, and it has to be repaired. We all waited for minutes. I was so worried because there was no internet connection in my phone, I don’t know where to buy airtime, and I could not call Auntie Anna. Then I heard a young man speaking in English, so I approached him gently. He explained to me what is the cause of delay and he too was going to Bad Sackingen. We agreed that he will call auntie Anna, to come and collect us, and he will go with us too. What a big relief! I was just five years old the last time I saw auntie Anna. We Boholano merchants, mostly settled in Mapang, Rizal, ZN (Philippines). When I was in Rome, she sent me a message, that she is the older sister of Nanay Doling, from Mapang. Since, then we talked many times, she sent me some of my needs from Germany, especially personal things, as it is also expensive in Rome. She started the communication as I have said, of which I was so grateful. Last December, I went to see her during our break time. I was really so happy to see her, and also being in Germany, it was just like another dream. She collected me at Basel International Airport in Switzerland. This time, they collected me at the train station and we moved around the town of Bad Sackingen right away. It is a rural town in the administrative district of Waldshut in the state of Baden-Wutetemberg in Germany. It is famous as the “Trumpeeters’ City” because of the book Der Trompeter Von Sackingen, a famous 19th century novel by German author Joseph Victor Von Scheffel. With Auntie Anna, we have many things in common, so we just click each other like magnet. We always take our favorite ice cream, and laugh even for small things. I remember most our meal time at home. From breakfast, we could talk and talk and just laugh. We stayed there even almost time to prepare for lunch. We recall memories in our youth, the poverty, the business and the struggles in life. In the evening, we eat and laugh like nobody’s business, that she would literally fall on the floor laughing loud. At times, I would take stolen shots of her putting yogurt on her face and sent through messenger and the whole house is shaken by our laughter. We visited Insel Mainau, the biggest botanical garden near Constance. Mainau island lies just off the shore of Constance. It is a lovely island of gardens, complete with a Baroque palace, that is regarded as “must see” attraction of Lake Constance or the Bodensee. I love that place so much. We had a great time, just doing a little picnic. One day, with Pearly, we went to Zurich in Switzerland, for they wanted to buy something. Zurich is an upmarket banking city and the capital of Switzerland. This is often labeled as the most expensive city in the world. It is famous of its luxurious lifestyle, high-end shopping and fancy chocolates. We just took the train. Zurich is such a beautiful city. O my goodness, I don’t have words to describe! One time, we crossed the wooden bridge of Holzbrucke, to Switzerland, just enjoying, strolling and taking pictures. Sackingerbrucke in Swiss name, is a bridge over the Rhine. It connects the German city of Bad Sackingen with the village of Stein in Switzerland. The covered bridge spans 203.7 meters and 668ft over the Hochrhein, and it is the longest wooden bridge in Europe. Stein is such a peaceful village, but I love the green scenery and flowers while you are overlooking the river. We were like ants, every corner we posed and took photos. The joy of Filipinos. But for me, it was all keeping memories. Aside from places and restaurants, I also made a lot of friends there, who are so kind to me. I spent four days in Bad Sackingen, and we travelled to Verona City in Italy. This will be my part 3 of this wonderful experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to my Mother

PAINFUL JOURNEY OF A JOYFUL SOUL- LETTER TO MY PRIEST BROTHER FR. ATILANO TABARANZA

RAUL, WHERE ARE YOU?