CONSUME ME MY LORD!

CONSUME ME MY LORD…. Raul Tabaranza (Directed Retreat 2004) Lord, I have a very materialistic fear, Pride moves within me. At times, I refuse to go up to the mountain, But rather be contented with the world. I dream of a project But fear put it down. For I feel like a powerless soul. Father, Fire that never dies, Burn all my inequities, Melt my anxieties with the tenderness of your love Absorb my whole being, Set my heart ablaze, Consume my soul and purify me. Today, as you wish, I take off my sandals, I will step on the holy ground and bare all my insecurities. Tomorrow, I will set off for my mission, Make the place holy as you are holy. Allow the holy mission to become a part of me. You are Providence, Let your superabundance be overflowing. I will never be able to do my best without you. Consume me, Absorb me, Transform me, Refashion me, Make my work holy For today I will prepare the way for you to pass through the roads of the earth again. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to my Mother

PAINFUL JOURNEY OF A JOYFUL SOUL- LETTER TO MY PRIEST BROTHER FR. ATILANO TABARANZA

RAUL, WHERE ARE YOU?