ROLLED INTO ONE

Raul (Long is my nickname) your smile is something I will never forget. I gushed with pride when you were in my womb; When I taught you how to walk; Your tiny little footsteps filled my heart with joy. You moved around the ground independently. Going home sometimes messy and dirty, Clothes so smelly, Sweat running down from your forehead. I thought I would be left with frustrations of your carelessness; But pride wrapped me too For you were so vivacious and full of life; With mind so sharp to understand our life. Now you are already grown-up I thought I could hold you to be still my little boy You have matured and I wished to hold you where you left; Handsome young man, still my boy, my dear son All rolled into one You have given me so much of your love; You have passed by and still would give me a hug You offered your life to God while I was on bed, invalid. You have shared your whole being as I have prayed. My little boy has proven to be a man of God. You have remained hopeful and trusting. The soul of my son has grown up to be, A man for others as he left his family. Now in heaven I am so proud of you; I can never ask for more My little boy, Up above I have prepared a place for you. (A Prayer Dialogue with my deceased mother during my personal retreat 2004. Her photo was taken during my MBA graduation October 1995, and she was already paralyzed here after she had a stroke. The other photo was taken when my mother was in her late teen years.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to my Mother

PAINFUL JOURNEY OF A JOYFUL SOUL- LETTER TO MY PRIEST BROTHER FR. ATILANO TABARANZA

RAUL, WHERE ARE YOU?