DISTRESSED WITHOUT REASON

DISTRESSED WITHOUT REASON
I have looked back my last months’ journey in the mission,
And realized that quite a few times,
I was lonely, I was tired and exhausted,
and I was in real aridity,
My soul suffered such barrenness
I felt the dungeon was too dark to follow.
Yet, I knew deep inside me,
There was joy and peace.

My heart suffered from this- aridity without reason.
My soul felt distressed not having a big cause.
I compared my soul on the way to penitential road,
On the process of suffering and partaking.
Always, a the end of the dungeon,
God reveals Himself and I came out bursting
With joy and serenity,
As if there was that ‘river of peace.’

This passing moment in my life
Is always a guiding light for me.
There was illumination, that, indeed,
My missionary life is a mystery at all,
And all I could do is to nourish my soul
And to appreciate the high and low moments of my life.

The Lord has never abandoned my soul,
Even in the most tiring moments,
In the scorching heat of the sun
And even in my deep emotional sorrow
And in the darkness of my journey.
Instead,
The Lord takes good care of a bruised and wounded heart. He dreams for me, and I am cooperating.
raul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to my Mother

PAINFUL JOURNEY OF A JOYFUL SOUL- LETTER TO MY PRIEST BROTHER FR. ATILANO TABARANZA

RAUL, WHERE ARE YOU?