MARY, MOTHER OF THE WHOLE WORLD

December 31, 1999, while I was still a novice, I stayed before
the crib, watching Mary's reactions towards the Infant Jesus,
A prayer was formed in my heart, flowing, and full of emotion.
Mary, the woman of my soul revealed to me something.

MARY, MOTHER OF THE WHOLE WORLD

Mary, my Mother of faith
I am so amazed by your faith in me
You have caught me by surprise because of your generosity
Why are you giving your Son to someone?
Why to me? My heart is so wicked and wretched
I don't feel worthy for such a favour
Many times I feel so little because of this responsibility

Mother, you can see only trash in my heart
Once you told me to carve a channel in my heart
That I may let Jesus pass through it
I ask your strength
Help me to clean my heart

And now you have blessed me Mother
You have cleansed my soul
How I wish I will no longer be thinking of sin
That day after day, I would be worthy to embrace Jesus
And press him into my heart

The joy that I am feeling Mother is unsurpassable
Help me to be the brother that you want me to be
That Jesus may grow in my care
Help me to make him one with me
To wrap me with his mystery
So that in the real sense of the world
I would also share him in the hearts of people

Mother of the Whole World
Thank you for the intimacy that I have experienced with Jesus
Help me to be generous
Feeding the sweetness of the Child to the hungry
Give me the grace to see clearly excellent practice
Of patience and humility

You know Mother how small my heart is
So tiny even to embrace a person
Thank you for the rooms of love, service, humility and peace
I can put Jesus now in any corners of my heart

I am so homesick to see you dear Mother
But time has not come yet
For you want me to receive the Infant Jesus in my apostolate
Prepare my soul for that great day
Where I would be in intimacy with you

In times of persecution
Lend me your actions...
"To keep all things in my heart
And to accept Jesus with all my love."

NOV. RAUL TABARANZA
Comboni Missionary

Comments

  1. I dedicate this prayer to the Little Sisters of Jesus, whom in spirit I feel very much closely knitted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to my Mother

PAINFUL JOURNEY OF A JOYFUL SOUL- LETTER TO MY PRIEST BROTHER FR. ATILANO TABARANZA

RAUL, WHERE ARE YOU?