WHAT COULD I GIVE BACK TO YOU?

What could I give back to you?

What a beautiful experience dear Lord being created with your qualities!
I am full of wonder and amazement,
just thinking that you created me a human being,
able to articulate my joy and to express my pains in tears,
able to clasp hands in appreciation for people and nature and the rest of your creation.

I am sitting down in this very early morning of the day,
my confreres are still sleeping,
darkness is still invading around,
hearing the chirps of insects and the singing of the birds,
appreciating the wonders of YOU in my life.
How could I thank you for all of these?
How could I ever pay you back for creating me like this?
Wealth and riches I don’t have.
They cannot even be considered payment-
even just for the air that I am breathing now.

I am poor and worthless and yet, you give me so much importance.
I am nothing, a "nobody",
and you gave me that dignity to be ‘somebody’ in your eyes,
I don’t have the right to be proud, no right to boast,
and no right to become self-righteous because I am nothing without you.

I looked at the many realities of pains,
failures, sickness, illness, frustrations
and troubles of people who surround me.
You have flooded me with love
I am completely lucky for my health and good family life.
Therefore, I don’t have the right to be greedy,
because what I have now, I don’t own them at all.
You gave all the comforts for my own disposal.
I receive them from you, free of charge.

More and more, I realized that I am actually poor.
I don’t own a thing. What I have are yours.
I receive them as gifts from people
who believe on my capacities and my works in the mission.
If I have to face you and start accounting what I have and give them to you,
I will stand naked.
The only thing that would remain is my body,
which, one day, will turn to decay.
I have my heart, and if I also give it to you,
I am nothing than a dust.

Forgive me Lord for being so proud,
for being so boastful and selfish.
Forgive all my inequities and pride.
With your help and guidance,
I will try to live what you want me to be,
a worthy priest and servant.
With my little strength, I will do my best, do the rest!!!

Raul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to my Mother

PAINFUL JOURNEY OF A JOYFUL SOUL- LETTER TO MY PRIEST BROTHER FR. ATILANO TABARANZA

RAUL, WHERE ARE YOU?