SPIRITUAL CHARITY

SPIRITUAL CHARITY
When I sat down for my personal prayer while waiting for the adoration to the Blessed Sacrament, I took advantage of being alone, and in serenity, I looked back, recollected my journey in the past days and wondered how God took me by the hand into the serenity of my soul. Then suddenly these words: ‘SPIRITUAL CHARITY’ flashed like a lightning, it was like a thunder hitting my soul in full vaults that I stood up and exclaimed with my hands clasped: ‘Spiritual charity’. I was lucky that I was alone or else they would think I am getting crazy. My heart beat faster and my lips were repeating the words in great awe.
When I think back of my struggles, my agony of the scourging heat of the sun
My long and tiring journey,
My difficulties of sleeping in the villages
The mosquitoes and complete darkness
God helped me to face them all,
Because of spiritual charity

When I think of the discomforts of people and they crush me out,
The famine and poverty and some rotten houses,
The sick and the dying
When I anoint the old and sickly and smelly people dying of HIV-AIDS
All of them melt my heart and make my soul cry out:
God help them, I am powerless!
I face them all because of spiritual charity

When we differ in thoughts and decisions in the community
When we argue and I remained silent crying and suffering inside me
When one insults the others
When my soul hide peacefully
It was all because of spiritual charity

Compassionate generosity and spiritual charity are my challenges now. They are intertwined, inseparable. If I would have just a fraction of them, my soul would be very happy forever. I will continue to suffer joyfully and dedicate my sufferings for others.

For me now, spiritual charity is that generosity of my soul, being able to give and partake no matter it costs my soul to cry. Charity is a virtue that every soul should practice. My Seraphic Mother Teresa of Calcutta used to say: ‘Give until it hurts, until it hurts no more.’ That is perfect charity! Being open, available but at the same time, a cheerful giver, ever happy for the many little things passing on the way.

I pray that this would be a challenge for all my brother and sister souls….. Fr. Raul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to my Mother

PAINFUL JOURNEY OF A JOYFUL SOUL- LETTER TO MY PRIEST BROTHER FR. ATILANO TABARANZA

RAUL, WHERE ARE YOU?