LOST AMONG MILLIONS OF STARS

LOST AMONG MILLIONS OF STARS

Chatting with people in the village one night
I sat on the ground in the dark
I leaned on the wall grass and looked up high
And watched millions stars

I searched the sky and ponder
And find the meaning of each star
Then asked myself the stars of the magi
Where could it be that will also be my guide?
For I was lost among millions of stars

I was in the middle of nowhere,
At the heart of Luangwa National Park
Then my soul was filled with great wonder
For the countless blessings in my life
Like millions stars

I searched more and scrutinized the sky
I saw the dipper, like a shining scoop
As if pouring out something on me
I was lost in imagination
From the promises of the millions of stars

Then I shouted with joy “Falling Starrrrrrrrrr!!!!!”
Which alerted and surprised the village people
I wished I could be a doctor too
And more wished flowed from my mouth
But people were silent
For tradition says there is ‘bad spirit’ to see
Falling star among millions of stars

I laughed as I explained our belief
As l looked back memories of the three wise men
As I imagined the star on the manger
Then they nodded and understood of my joy
Looking up watching millions of stars

What do I really need this time?
A heart that listens, not only feels
Eyes that perceive
Body that adapts and being inculturated
Though weakened by failures and fatigues
Able to resist even in the scorching heat of the sun
I am on my journey full of uncertainties
I just have to look up high in the night
And count millions of stars
For even if I am wrapped with doubts
I believe in what is ahead of me
There are stars to brighten my way


RAUL B. TABARANZA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to my Mother

PAINFUL JOURNEY OF A JOYFUL SOUL- LETTER TO MY PRIEST BROTHER FR. ATILANO TABARANZA

RAUL, WHERE ARE YOU?