prayer for a happy death

PRAYER FOR A HAPPY DEATH

Dear Lord,

Today,

I, your humble servant,

offer back to you what you have given,

my very precious life.

As I have entrusted to you my daily life’s activities,

I also entrust to you my own death,

knowing that with you, I would be in eternity.

I have enjoyed so much my life,

in fact, to the fullest.

I have tasted the last dreg of the bitter cup,

hampered by so many trials,

yet, triumphant in surmounting them.

With you, I became fully of my own,

my feelings and senses are geared towards others.

You have used me,

in spite of my sinfulness and greediness,

thinking that I could do things better myself.

But above all,

my life is so blessed with your presence.

Your initiative of intimacy with me is more than enough

Therefore, I offer my life back to you.

and nothing is precious

than being called to be a partaker of you.

My life became a source of life too

because you have used me.

Therefore, there is nothing for my own credit.

This is all because of you.

Lord, if one day I will die,

I am happy to face you and receive your judgment.

It is to you my noble judge

that I do not have to wait for a verdict,

for you know even the inner recesses of my heart.

Death is an encounter with you

and I long to receive it.

This is your mission and you have made my own life a mission too.

In Death there is my mission.

Give me a happy and meaningful DEATH.

(Raul Baluma Tabaranza)

Comboni Missionary

March 19th, 2004

After my Diaconate Ordination

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to my Mother

PAINFUL JOURNEY OF A JOYFUL SOUL- LETTER TO MY PRIEST BROTHER FR. ATILANO TABARANZA

RAUL, WHERE ARE YOU?