Popular posts from this blog
WRITE A TIME WHEN YOUR WORK FELT REAL AND SATISFYING TO YOU…. JANITOR
Before I entered the novitiate in 1998, we were sent for a work experience for three months. I was asked to work in the hospital. We were three actually who were sent in the hospital, but I will only share here my personal experience. We rented a room, and we used also our salary for the rent, provisions, transport and other necessary expenditures. I worked as a janitor in one of the biggest hospitals in Manila, but it was a secret. I was assigned on the the third floor, cleaning the wards, polishing the floor and also at the Intensive Care Unit. I will share first the funny side of my experience. Our uniform was white and gray pants. Since I had a fair skin, people in the hospital called me many times “doctor” by mistake. Many times, students and patients too, thought I was a doctor, and I just laughed. Sometimes, I had to show them the mop and tell them, “I am a janitor here.” They would laugh. My fellow janitors didn’t believe also that I am a janitor. One of them, ask...
PETER THE ROCK: SIMON, SON OF JOHN, DO YOU LOVE ME? (Jn 21:15-19)
PETER THE ROCK: SIMON, SON OF JOHN, DO YOU LOVE ME? (Jn 21:15-19) We were watching a 12-minute movie clip about PETER, which focuses more on the aspect of Peter’s discouragements, his pain in denying the Lord, going back to fishing, miraculous catch, and his encounter with Jesus. I did not show my tears, but I really shed a few tears. I just find his encounter with the Lord so very touching, when Jesus looked at him and hugged him and still trusted him in spite of his denials. It is truly amazing how the Lord deals us, and He would never ask about our mistakes. As long as He sees that we are heartily sorry for our sins, that is more than enough for Him. His forgiveness is overflowing. 1. Community aspect- I was so touched looking at the rest of the disciples, rejoicing knowing that Jesus is alive again, and Peter, secretly, escaped and hid himself in his room, crying. Memories with Jesus were flashing, and he was there repeatedly saying “I failed the Lord.” Peter is supposed ...





Comments
Post a Comment